Friday, June 09, 2006

Exercise

Odin (my husband) bought me a used treadmill, a pilates book, and a really, really, really nice exercise mat for mother's day.

So far, so good. I have been on the treadmill daily since it's arrival (except when traveling) and have set an additional goal to do two sessions a day 3-4 days a week. I know the manufacturer's instructions say to not hold children while using it, but for me I have found that holding children is the only way to have 20-30 minutes on it.

I am excited to share that Cordelia (2 years old) loves to be in the backpack or the sling while I walk. She tends to fall asleep while I walk either at naptime or bedtime. This makes putting her to bed sooooo much easier. Valen (4 1/2) months also seems very happy and content in the sling while I walk. I have now mastered Cordelia in the backpack and nursing Valen in the sling while I walk and read. It truly is a pick me up in my day!

I am also trying to get the hang of some of the pilates exercises. Some of them are really difficult, but I am gettign better the more I practice. The children will try and do them with me, or make jokes about me looking silly, so we try keep a good sense of humor around here. I am hoping to get better at nursing while doing these exercises as well.


No comments: