Monday, November 19, 2007

Plans change!

The last several weeks have been a roller coaster of activity and emotion. This time last week, we were waiting to see if Odin would be getting an offer from SUU. For my own sanity, I pretty much had written off that possibility. Tuesday an offer comes through and Odin and I do the math. Even if they came back with nothing more, we would take it. So I quickly jump on planning the move.

Keep in mind that I can work fast when needed. Talk to the schools, turn in my resignation at the church, figure out where we will live, get the movers, and so on. I am amazed at how much I got done in such a short amount of time. Odin comes home on Wednesday and tells me that UCM may have a better offer for him and that now, once again, we wait. WAIT!?!? I have 5 weeks if we move to Utah, and he says WAIT!?!?

Friday night, Odin walks in the door and tells me we are not moving. His program will be moved to another department and he will be made the chair. Good for us both financially and for his career.

However, the moral of this story is not that good things come to those who wait, nor is it that slow and steady wins the race. Instead, I should learn that sitting back, relaxing, and planning things thoroughly in my head can sometimes be better than racing around and actually accomplishing something! Just kidding. Even though all this week I get to spend reconstructing the life I so efficiently was deconstructing!

No comments: