Thursday, September 27, 2007

Utah and North Dakota

To amuse myself, I have started checking out Utah and North Dakota. These are the two places that Odin has clued me in on regarding his job search. So far, Utah is noteworthy because midwifery is expressly legal! I am very excited, not because I want another baby (Mom and Grandma - take a breath!), but because I won't have to spend so much time working on that piece of legislation and can pester the lawmakers about other things. North Dakota is a little tricky in the sense that I just can't make heads or tails of the information I've found thus far. I'll have to keep digging.

The positive side of North Dakota is the fact that it is much closer to family. We are talking 2-6 hours to lots of relatives. Maybe someone would even offer to watch the kids every now and then (hint, hint). The house listings on realtor.com looked promising as well and Odin would be able to chose a new (well, newer) house or a really old one. Truthfully, housing in either state would be doable.

The big thing I am wondering about is the weather. While I think it gets cold here in MO, I am sure I would get a rude awakening in either place. Let's just hope the jobs would start after this winter. Otherwise, I'll just stay indoors as much as possible if we move during the winter!

No comments: